Outside Sales Representative- Colorado/Nebraska/Kansas
Job Tracking ID: 85300-5004
Job Type: High Commission- Based on Experience
Future Opportunity: Full Time Salary- Based on Performance
- The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) represents Techline Nutrition as “the face of the brand” within the assigned territory, building relationships with a variety of retailers to solicit sales by encouraging:
- New item acceptance
- Prime shelf placement
- Secondary displays
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Grocery Food Stores: all team members including grocery team leaders, assistant team leaders, grocery specialists and marketing managers.
- Fitness Clubs: independents, corporate, buyers, employees
- Bike Stores: independents, corporate, buyers, employees
- Running Stores: independents, corporate, buyers, employees
- Nutrition Stores: independents, corporate, buyers, employees
- Climbing Gyms/Stores: independents, corporate, buyers, employees
- Identifies key store decision makers.
- Effectively communicates Techline Nutrition’s point of differentiation and brand strategy. Describes product features to store employees and customers. Highlights any special pricing, new products, product revisions, etc.
- Observes displays of both company and competitor product on store shelves, reporting pricing, shelf space, and promotions changes.
- Observes SKU mix in store and prompts decision maker to adjust mix accordingly.
- Observes inventory levels in stores and prompts decision maker to reorder when inventory levels appear low.
- Adaptable: Multi-task efficiently and effectively prioritize business needs.
- Personable: Comfortable talking to customers to establish rapport, build a network, and listen to understand customer needs.
- Goal-oriented: Take initiative to establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals.
- Fact-based: Ability to analyze syndicated data and deliver insights to support sales objectives in an account.
- Team player: Partner with counterparts in achieving goals; share best practices and learn from Sales team members.
- Innovative: Use creativity in managing the territory through innovative sales programs.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Assist in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and regional sales goals.
- Build relationships with all decision makers within assigned territory, including:
During in-store calls:
Completes call report at the end of each store visit.
Respond to customer requests quickly and professionally.
Participates in product resets.
Reports on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory. Visits other retailers that are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
Coordinate demo and event support with Outside Sales Manager.
May involve some weekend or evening schedule during special promotions and/or customer events.
Experience and Skills:
Knowledge and Skills
- The OSR will be expected to take ownership of the territory and be willing to adapt a variety of roles to grow sales. Key characteristics include:
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of Sales experience, or recent college graduate with Sales internship experience, required
- Nutritional supplement industry experience preferred:
- Passion for health and/or nutritional supplement industry preferred.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays (as much as 70 pounds), adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during account calls.
- Good driving habits are required. Must provide proof of insurance, valid state motor vehicle driver’s license. Job involves heavy daily travel within assigned territory.
- Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Years of Experience:
- Up to 2 Years
Level of Education: